Saturday, August 11, 2012

Some Days it Seems as if the World Hates Me

Do you ever have one of those days where it feels like the world is conspiring against you?  The days where every time you turn around there is one more thing weighing you down?

I'm having one of those days today.  In addition to the headache I woke up with (the same headache that I've had for the last week and a half), the eye swollen shut (allergies) and my plugged up ear drum (don't ask me why), I walk into the living room to find this:


Yes, some naughty girls found a paper towel in the trash can that they thought was pretty interesting.  I guess it could have been worse.  Oh wait, it was.......


This would be the only pair of high heeled black sandals that I currently own.  This was going to be the last summer they were going to get me through but I did still need them for the next few weeks.  Mama wasn't very happy with those chewing pups.  Of course Mike's response was "I guess you should put your shoes away".  Really!?!  Having only one pair of work sandals would be the down side to living a simplified life


Then of course there are the kids who don't seem to know how to put a clean pot away.  In the cabinet.  Directly below the pot.  Are you kidding me?!?

The next straw would be when I go out to drive Belle to work and I find that I'm completely blocked in.  Ugh!  I really hate playing musical cars.

The smart thing at this point would seem to go to back to bed and pull the covers over my head.  Oh yeah, that won't work because it's sheet washing day and I thought I'd start the day out right by stripping the bed as soon as I got out of it.

That will teach me to be on the ball.

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. This was my week last week! Thank goodness a lovely friend offered to take my daughter to camp with her. Got my head above water. Hope you are doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My day did get better. After I dropped Belle off at work I was able to take it easy (easy being a relative term since I did get a lot accomplished!). I just hate starting the day like that - it feels like it just sets the tone.

      Glad you got some time alone. Kids are wonderful but having them out of the house for a while sure does make us appreciate them a little more, doesn't it :)

      Delete